• PAUL HOILMAN BASEBALL CAMP, for ages 7-13, will be held June 4-7, from 8:30 a.m.-noon, at Science Hill in Johnson City. Go online at rbitricities.com to learn more.
• PITCHING LESSONS, for individuals and teams ages 9-14, are being offered by David Hoover, former pitching coach at Dobyns-Bennett and Daniel Boone. Call (423) 578-3427 for details.
• VELOCITY BASEBALL USSSA 11-under team is hosting private tryouts. Contact Coach Jay at (423) 833-1304, email firstname.lastname@example.org or go online at velocitybaseballofjc.teamapp.com for more information.
• CARSON-NEWMAN will conduct three basketball camps, for boys and girls grades 3-12, this summer. Drill Factory camps will be held from 9 a.m.-3 p.m. on June 4-8 and July 2-6, with the Friday of instruction finishing at 2 p.m. Cost is $145 per camp or $260 for a player participating in both camps. A shooting camp will be held from noon-3 p.m. on Aug. 6-10; fee is $75. To learn more, call Eagles assistant coach Shane Williams at (423) 943-3037 or email email@example.com.
• VIRGINIA-WISE BOYS TEAM Basketball Camp will be held June 10-12 at the Prior Center. The camp features seven games with competition from teams in Virginia, Kentucky, Tennessee, West Virginia and North Carolina. A team deposit is required to register. Go online at uvawisebasketballcamps.com, or call the Virginia-Wise Basketball Office at (276) 376-3425 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• VIRGINIA-WISE INDIVIDUAL Basketball Camp, with full and half-day options, will be held June 18-22 at the Prior Center. The full-day camp is for ages 7 through rising eighth-graders; registration fee is $135. The half-day camp is for ages 5-7; registration fee is $75. Go online at uvawisebasketballcamps.com, or call the Virginia-Wise Basketball Office at (276) 376-3425 or email email@example.com.
• VIRGINIA-WISE ELITE Basketball Camp, for high school players aspiring to compete at the collegiate level, will be held June 22-23 at the Prior Center. The camp will include position-specific instructions from Cavaliers coaching staff members. Commuter registration is $70 and overnight registration is $100. Go online at uvawisebasketballcamps.com, or call the Virginia-Wise basketball office at (276) 376-3425 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• ETSU WOMEN’S BASKETBALL and coach Brittney Ezell will conduct a Future Bucs Camp, for boys and girls ages 7-13, from 9 a.m.-3 p.m. on Saturday, June 23 inside Brooks Gym in Johnson City. Cost is $30. For more information and to register, go online at BrittneyEzellBasketball.com.
• ETSU WOMEN’S BASKETBALL and coach Brittney Ezell will hold a Buccaneer Experience Camp for high schoolers on Aug. 4-5 inside Brooks Gym in Johnson City. The Wednesday, Aug. 4 camp is for rising juniors and seniors, and the Thursday, Aug. 5 camp is for rising freshmen and sophomores. Cost is 50. To register, go online at BrittneyEzellBasketball.com. For more information, call the ETSU women’s basketball offices at (423) 439--5330 or email BrittneyEzellBasketball@gmail.com.
• SUMMER LEAGUE BASKETBALL signups, for boys and girls grades 3-12, run April 15-June 30. The 12-game season starts July 9. Entry fee is $250 per team. Call (423) 341-0133 or email email@example.com.
• TRI-CITIES HOOPS Spring Invitational, for boys and girls grades 3-12, will be held Saturday, April 28 at Carver Recreation in Johnson City. Entry fee is $90; three-game guarantee. Call (423) 341-0133 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• SHOOTING STARS BLUE CHIP Invitational, for boys and girls grades 3-12, will be held Saturday, May 5 at Science Hill in Johnson City. Entry fee is $90; three-game guarantee. Call (423) 341-0133 or email email@example.com.
• TWRA SAFE BOATING COURSE, offered by the Tri-Cities Boating Club, will take place April 24 and 26, from 5:30-8 p.m. each night, in the library, room L-106, at Northeast State Community College in Blountville. All boat operators in Tennessee born after Jan. 1, 1989, are required to have the permit that comes with passing the end-of-course exam, which will be administered on Thursday. The course is free and includes book, instruction and test administration. Pre-registration is not required but is strongly encouraged. (Web search on TWRA East Tennessee Testing Locations, Passcode NES.) To take the exam and receive a Tennessee Boat Operator Permit, you must purchase ahead of time and bring with you TWRA’s Type 600 Boating Safety Exam Permit, which can be purchased for $10 at any TWRA hunting/fishing license vendor, such as Walmart. For more information, contact Clarke Lucas at (423) 538-4643 or Rich Moakler at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• CARSON-NEWMAN cheer coach Christy Bowlin will conduct a cheer camp for third- through ninth-graders on July 20-22 on the Jefferson City campus. Cost of the three-day, two-night camp is $205 per camper/coach for overnight campers and $175 for commuters. To register or learn more, call Bowlin at (423) 416-2395 or email email@example.com.
• CARSON-NEWMAN Youth Football Camp, for players ages 5-11, will be held May 29-June 1, from 9 a.m.-noon, on the school’s Jefferson City campus. Cost is $100. For more information, go online at cneagles.com and click the Football tab or call Aaron Hutsell at (865) 471-4794.
• CARSON-NEWMAN Offensive Line Camp, for junior high and high school athletes who haven’t enrolled for his senior year in high school, will be held June 10-13 at Burke-Tarr Stadium in Jefferson City. Cost is $250 for overnight campers and $150 for day campers. For more information, go online at cneagles.com and click the Football tab or contact Eagles coach Mike Turner at firstname.lastname@example.org or (865) 471-3364.
• CARSON-NEWMAN ONE-DAY Technique Camp will be held July 14 on the Jefferson City campus. Cost is $35 to preregister or $40 for day-of walk-ups. For more information, go online at cneagles.com and click the Football tab.
• DAWN OF HOPE Golf Classic will be held Monday, April 30 at Johnson City Country Club. Entry fee for the select-shot event featuring two-person teams is $150 per player and includes cart and greens fees, commemorative polo, breakfast and lunch. For more information on the tournament or Dawn of Hope, go online at dawnofhope.com, call (423) 722-1689 or email email@example.com.
• AUTO WORLD-MECC GOLF CLASSIC will be held Friday, May 4 at Lonesome Pine Country Club in Big Stone Gap. Entry fee is $100 per person or $400 per team; sponsorships are available. Register online at meccfoundation.org/auto-world-mecc-golf-tournament. For more information, call Jeri Bledsoe at (276) 523-2400, ext. 287, or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Proceeds from the captain’s choice event go toward scholarships for Mountain Empire Community College students.
• ETSU ALL-SPORT GOLF Tournament, presented by Blue Lizard, will take place Monday, May 7 at the Blackthorn Club in Jonesborough. Four participation levels, ranging from $500 to $4,000, are available for the tournament, with proceeds helping fund scholarships for ETSU’s student-athletes. Registration and breakfast will begin at 9 a.m., followed by an 11 a.m. shotgun start. Contact Matt McGahey of the athletic department at (423) 439-5925 or by email at email@example.com.
• BAYLESS SCHOLARSHIP golf tournament will be held Saturday, May 12 at Elizabethton Golf Course. Cost for the four-person select-shot event is $200 per team. There is a 1 p.m. shotgun start following noon lunch. Register at the EGC pro shop, (423) 542-8051.
• SPRING FORE UNITED WAY golf tournament will be held May 19-20 at Pine Oaks Golf Course in Johnson City. Entry fee is $200 per team for the two-person scramble. Call (423) 282-5682 for more information or go online at uwowc.org to enter.
• TILLINGHAST INVITATIONAL is coming up June 2-3 at Johnson City Country Club. The 36-hole, stroke-play event is open to all amateur golfers, who may declare for the championship flight or be pre-flighted based on handicaps. Seniors divisions are offered. Entry fee is $145; carts are available for $22. Limited to first 128 paid entries. Call the JCCC pro shop at (423) 928-5161.
• TWILIGHT’S LAST GLEAMING 5K Walk/Run, sponsored by the MECC Student Veterans Association, will be held Saturday, April 30 at Bullitt Park in Big Stone Gap. The walk begins at 5 p.m. and the run at 7. Preregistration fee is $15 (group rates available) or $20 the day of the race. Luminaries along the route may be purchased for $5 in honor or in memory of a veteran. Go online at mecc.edu/community-events or contact Lena Grace at lgrace@mecc or (276) 523-2400, ext. 217.
• AMIS MILL 10K, part of the Skelton Law Racing Series, will be held Saturday, May 5, starting at 8 a.m., at Amis Mill Eatery in Rogersville. Contact race director Mark Skelton at (423) 272-4812 or go online at RunTriCities.org.
• AMAZINGRACE 5K and 1-Mile Run, an event that supports Providence Medical Clinic, will be held Sunday, May 6, beginning at 6 p.m., in Kingsport. For more information go online at fbcamazingrace5k.com or contact Allison Jones at (423) 791-2757 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• WOLF RUN, part of the Skelton Law Racing Series and a Kingsport Fun Fest event, will take place Tuesday, July 17, starting at 6:30 p.m., at Bays Mountain Park in Kingsport. Contact race director Mark Skelton at (423) 272-4812 or go online at RunTriCities.org.
• BAYS MOUNTAIN TRAIL RACE, a 15-miler and part of the Skelton Law Racing Series, will take place Saturday, Sept. 15, starting at 8 a.m., at Bays Mountain Park in Kingsport. Contact race director Mark Skelton at (423) 272-4812 or go online at RunTriCities.org.
• CARSON-NEWMAN SOCCER CAMPS for boys and girls will be conducted concurrently on June 3-7 in Jefferson City. A mini-camp, for ages 4-7, runs from 9 a.m.-noon each day; fee is $100. A day camp, for players ages 7 and older, runs from 9 a.m.-4 p.m. each day; fee is $195. The final camp, for players 12 and older, is a residential, overnight camp; fee is $375. Contact Matt Carr at email@example.com or Stephen Lyons at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
• RBI SUMMER SOFTBALL CAMP, for ages 8-14, will be held June 4-7, from 1-4:30 p.m., at Science Hill in Johnson City. Go online at rbitricities.com to learn more.
• FUTURE STARS OF SPORTS May Classic will be held May 19-20 at Winged Deer Park in Johnson City. The fastpitch event features pool play and a double-elimination bracket with a four-game guarantee. Entry fee is $225 per team. Call Conley Fletcher at (423) 737-3820.
• FUTURE STARS OF SPORTS Fastpitch World Series will be held July 19-22 at Winged Deer Park in Johnson City, White Top Creek Park in Bristol, Tenn., Grandview Elementary in Telford and Ridgeview Elementary in Johnson City. The event features pool play and a double-elimination bracket with a five-game guarantee. Entry fee is $475 per team. Call Ron Ray at (502) 841-0103.
• EAST TENNESSEE LADY WOLFPACK 10-under and 12-under softball teams are looking for players, with an emphasis on finding a 10-under pitcher. For more information on the Christian-based softball program out of Jonesborough, contact Joshua Edens at (423) 361-4605, Daniel Dunbar Jr. at (423) 483-1490 or check out the Lady Wolfpack Softball Facebook page.
• KINGSPORT PIRANHAS DEVELOPMENTAL SWIM SCHOOL, for ages 4 and up, is accepting registrations for the spring session May 1-24 at Dobyns-Bennett. Cost is $120. Register online at KingsportPiranhas.com or for more information, call Jorge Blasini at (423) 967-4264 or email swimKingsport@gmail.com.